Monday, February 8, 2010

creative writer wanted

'Please write my book blurb', said the ad on craigslist. No pay and no compensation. Wow, my three sentence blurb will appear in the back of this persons book. Its a travel journal due to hit publication in two months. Email the said advertiser and they will send a sample chapter. Travel writing is not my forte but I could sure give this person some pointers on 'where to go'. It is true though, some of my best writing was in the back of someone elses book. Especially several editions of Home Economics 101, from middle school. After I attempted to make marijuana pizza in the kitchen one semester and fouled up the bobbin threaders of several sewing machines in the second semester, I pretty much spent my time daydreaming and creating stories to fill the last two empty pages of my school textbooks. Just to keep in practice in between English and Creative Writing classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment